Classification: Nonexempt – hourly
Department: Service Department
Reports to: Service Manager
Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment, building comfort, energy efficiency, and related problems for heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. Monitors HVAC systems and general operations. Ensures that routine preventive maintenance is performed according to established schedules. Checks, repairs and/or replaces valves, motors, controls, switches, gauges, wiring, fans, pumps, compressors, condensers, cores, pipes and other functional components of the system. Present options and pricing to customers. Complete approved repairs/improvements in a timely manner. Collects payment for work performed. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Troubleshoot HVAC/R equipment, building comfort, energy efficiency, and related problems
- Present findings and options to customers, providing advise as needed/requested
- Complete approved repairs, improvements, or installations within industry standard hours per repair pricing guide
- Clean equipment/work area
- Ensure complete customer satisfaction upon completion of work
- Complete all paperwork required by management
- Collect payment for work performed
- Maintain truck inventory
- Keep assigned service vehicle organized and clean
- Track vehicle maintenance and alert management when maintenance is necessary
- Consult tablet following the completion of each call, providing requested information regarding the work completed, and receiving dispatch instructions for the next call
- Provide customers with information and pricing on service agreements, accessories, and other comfort improvements
- Create a quote to repair and service equipment. Provide customers with information on new equipment when repairs exceed $300 and/or on a major component existing equipment exceeds 10 years of age; if it is over 10 years old, must contact Supervisor to discuss further action plan.
- Perform equipment installations if needed
- Perform maintenance work if needed
- Identify and suggest opportunities for quality and cost improvements
- Other duties as needed
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Results Driven
- Time Management
- Project Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
This position has no supervisory responsibility for corporate back office operations with direct supervisory responsibilities of Office Administration Department personnel.
The work environment noise level is usually moderate but will vary occasionally. The work environment will subject employees to continual interruptions and changing priorities. Effective, consistent, and constant communication with customers, vendors, co-workers, and others is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme temperatures, fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are generally Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
During busy season hours can double. This includes weekends on call or a scheduled basis.
Constant daily travel around North Florida and South Georgia is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide repairs at the service technician level.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High school education or GED.
- NATE certification preferred.
- Two or more years of experience as an HVAC installation, maintenance, or service technician.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- EPA certified
- Ability to follow controls/wiring schematic
- Ability to braze/solder/weld
- Must be in possession of a legal Driver’s License and maintain a safe driving record.
- Clean driving and criminal records as required by state laws for home service companies and by company insurance carrier(s).
- Must be courteous and respectful to customers and coworkers.
- Must be respectful of company property and follow safe handling procedures for large items.
- Maintain a neat, clean appearance representing the company in a positive way.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Join Our Team
If you have any issues submitting the form, please email your resume, contact information and wage requirements to email@example.com.