Know Your Ducts
Your duct system is used to distribute conditioned air throughout your home. A properly designed and sealed duct system can make your home cleaner, more comfortable and more energy efficient. Many people don’t realize that about 20% or more of lost air in a typical home is due to leaks, holes or poorly connected ducts.
Use this checklist to see if your home could potentially have damaged or leaky central-air ducts:
- You have high summer and winter utility bills
- You have rooms that are difficult to heat or cool
- Certain rooms feel stuffy or uncomfortable
- You notice a considerable amount of dust in your home
- Your heating and cooling system is noisy
- Your family has allergy problems
- You have kinked or tangled flexible duct lines
If your home comfort system is experiencing any of these symptoms, the cause may be your duct system.