Know Your Ducts
Your duct system is used to distribute conditioned air throughout your home. A properly designed and sealed duct system can make your home cleaner, more comfortable and more energy efficient. Many people don’t realize that about 20% or more of lost air in a typical home is due to leaks, holes or poorly connected ducts.
Use this checklist to see if your home could potentially have damaged or leaky central-air ducts:
- You have high summer and winter utility bills
- You have rooms that are difficult to heat or cool
- Certain rooms feel stuffy or uncomfortable
- You notice a considerable amount of dust in your home
- Your heating and cooling system is noisy
- Your family has allergy problems
- You have kinked or tangled flexible duct lines
If your home comfort system is experiencing any of these symptoms, the cause may be your duct system.
We use Performance Air Testing and Sealing (PATS) to take the guesswork out of duct leaks and allow you to actually see how much, if any, air is leaking from your system. PATS allows our home comfort specialists to identify the exact location of any problems in your system’s ductwork and includes a series of tests that typically take one to two hours to complete, depending on the size of your home. Our performance tests include: